Thursday, March 1, 2012

Recovered. Time to Ride!

Today I went on the official first ride on my new touring bike. Well technically not my FIRST ride as I rode a whopping four miles on the Burke-Gilman Trail in Seattle last weekend.  Today I rode 9.44 miles on a hilly route through farm lands outside of Newberg.  My new bike, the Surly Long Haul Trucker,  is very comfortable and easy to ride- if I had one word to sum up the bike it would be: Solid.  It is nowhere near as twitchy as my Road bike (Trek 2300)  which means that is also a tad bit less responsive.  The gear levers are on the ends of the handle bar drops which will take a little getting used to. The low gearing is pretty sweet for those steep hills.  I can’t wait to load her up and get her out on a tour!  But for now I will concentrate on getting my strength and endurance back so I can keep up with Jay!

No comments: