Saturday, May 8, 2010

Headache?

Hello again- back in Namche.

We had a marvelous trek to Thame (12, 200ft) and Arya (14,054 ft) along the valley of the Duhda Kosi river all on an incredible high alpine plateau. I arrived at 14, 000 complete with a headache. We were due to stay two nights in Arya before heading over the Renjo La pass which takes you above 17,000ft. We decided to alter our plans when my headache got worse instead of better in 24 hours. We decended back to Namche in one day ( 17 K with 3000 ft of decent). We are back in Namche resting, doing laundry and visiting with "family". Tomorrow we will head out to Tengboche and try a slower acclimitization process. We are still planning on doing the high passes- just in a anti-clockwise direction.

Today is our first day of sun. I am so excited to actually see the great mountains surrounding the Khumbu Valley. We are heading up to Khunde where I might get my first view of Everest.

No comments: