Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pre-Nepal

I (Janet) am preparing for my Nepal trip. Blogging is certainly a distraction - but a worthy one. I will be flying out of PDX on April 21 at 710am. My wonderful husband will be taking me to the airport butt early- hopefully we will be able to enjoy breakfast together before I take off.

I will be flying from PDX to LA and then from LA to Tokyo to Singapore to Kathmandu. I have an eight hour layover in the Singapore airport from 1am to 9am - should be interesting! I arrive in KTM on April 23 at 12:05pm local time. Kathmandu is 12 hours and 45 minutes ahead of Portland or LA. When it is 7am in LA, it is 7:45pm in KTM.

My friend Lindsay is meeting me at the Airport in KTM and we will go from there- Our plan looks something like this (dates not included) :

explore KTM
bus to the end of the road - Jiri (1905m) or Bhandar (2194m)
Jiri to Namache Bazaar (3440m).
Namache Bazaar to Thame (3820)
Goyko via the Renjo La Pass (5338m)
Goyko to Dragnag (4700m)
Dragnag to Dzongiha via Chola pass (5420m)
Dzongiha to Lobuche (4930)
Lobuche to Gorak Shep- side trip to Kala Pattar (5545m)
Everest Base camp (5400m)
EBC- Lobuche, Periche, Dingboche- Pangboche-Namche- Lukula
Fly from Lukla to KTM
KTM to San Francisco - June 2
Home on June 3rd.

I will do my best to communicate - I will not be taking a computer or cell phone with me. I will try to update the blog - and will post to facebook when I can access the internet.

I know two people who are climbing Mt. Everest this season. You can follow both their blogs: Melissa Arnot: http://blog.firstascent.com/tag/melissa-arnot
Cindy Abbott: www.reachingbeyondtheclouds.com

Have a wonderful April and May- see you in June.

JP

No comments: